Planning is well underway for the 2019 Ocean Film Festival. This means we are looking for the image that will represent the tour all around the globe.
This year we are putting a call out to photographers amongst our community to submit their ocean photos. One photo will be chosen and the winning photographer will receive $1,000 and photo credits.
The annual festival image is used on our marketing material which includes posters (both in Australia and in approximately 7 other countries on the World Tour), postcards, banners, website (Festival website as well as World Tour host sites), festival brochures, festival programs, and social media.
TOP LINE DETAILS BELOW:
- We offer a payment of $1,000 (AUD) for the winning image.
- The photographer also receives far-reaching exposure of their work, and the winning image will be featured prominently on our website throughout 2019.
- Deadline to enter: Deadline was Tuesday, 2nd October 2018, (10 pm EST)
THE FINE PRINT: Please first read through the image elements and technical requirements below:
IMAGE ELEMENTS: WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Theme: The signature image reflects our ocean-themed festival. The image can be taken from anywhere in the world, as long as it’s ocean-themed.
Concept: We look for an image that is engaging, clean, and enticing to our ocean-loving community. It can be from above or below the surface, or both. We favour images that include people but it is not essential.
Orientation: The image must work well both vertically and horizontally. Most of our marketing materials are vertical (posters, banners, postcards, ads, etc.), but for web and video production, a horizontal orientation is preferred. Many of our winners have been horizontal originals that crop well vertically for marketing materials.
Clean: We incorporate the placement of the tour logo and some festival copy so we are looking for images where these can be easily incorporated.
Free of commercial elements: We prefer an image without prominent commercial elements such as clearly visible logos.
- JPG files are preferred, 2MB max per image.
(The photographer of the chosen image will be asked to provide a high-resolution RAW or TIFF file – Vertical format original: minimum height 17″h (or larger) at 300 dpi; Horizontal format original: minimum height 17″h (or larger) at 300 dpi)
- Please provide a maximum of 10 images. Send us your best 10!
- We welcome lightbox/gallery web links as long as they are created specifically for this competition – and ideally, we will need to be able to download the images for the selection process.
NOTE: Please do not have an expiry date to download images, as we review in a batch, not as individual entries are received.
SUBMIT YOUR IMAGES